As more companies implement cross functional teams, using social media as a communication platform is an obvious choice. However, is it a distraction or a tool for better productivity? In December 2015, Nicola Strong ran a workshop that took a closer look at some of the considerations for engaging staff, developing social media policies and maintaining momentum within an enterprise social network (ESN). For example:
- How has social media grown over time and what’s the psychology behind it all?
- What are some of the choices of enterprise social network in the workplace?
- What success stories and lessons can we share in making ESNs work?
- Building your social media communications strategy
- Developing a social media policy for your organisation
- How can we utilise this engagement in an employment context?
- What is the projected future for social media in the workplace?
The participants at the workshop developed a imindmap to include the many aspects of developing an effective generic social media guideline.
This workshop was delivered in partnership with the Association for Business Psychology.
For more information on the Association for Business Psychology click on the abp logo below.