Hello, I’m Nicola. I have been running Strong Enterprises for over 17 years. It evolved from my experience as a informations systems consultant and my work developing social innovation projects for the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce.
There is a common thread to all of my work and that is my continuing curiosity in how we are human through digital change. Currently, I work in a number of areas:
I enjoy creating and researching on-line or blended learning programmes for distributed or virtual groups. There are real opportunities to enable transparent technology in the working and learning process. This connects to Social Business Design (which is the study of how to weave the intentions of an organisation with society and new technologies). It includes the growing intelligence in employee engagement using ESNs, simulations with serious games, infographics with data analytics, experientials with Augmented Reality (AR) and the ethics of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Additionally, I maintain the belief and importance of developing face-to-face training courses and facilitating human-lead-real-time workshops. I have been doing this for a while now (years, in fact) and have worked in many spaces and places.
My third area of interest lies with sharing and developing new thinking to solve difficult problems. I enjoy creating opportunities for people to work together, crowd source, debate ideas, thoughts and solutions on big topics and issues. I am working in three areas:
– developing a framework for designers of conversational chatbots wishing to include those with impairments or disabilities. This is a collaboration with two universities and a major charity.
– defining good practice and facilitating conversations in ethical Artificial Intelligence including robo-psychology. This involves building a powerhouse that combines entrepreneurial start-ups, global businesses, Government and a network of academics.
– future thinking. Running events that explore the practicalities of how we can learn to get the best from technology.
I have a network of talented and skilled colleagues and associates who join me in some of my projects and I am privileged to be an associate to other teams too.
- British Computer Society
- Association for Business Psychology
- Institute for Recruitment Professionals.
- BSc(Hons) in Information and Computing Systems
- MSc in Change Agent Skills and Strategies (CASS) at Surrey University.
For more information you are welcome to have a look at her LinkedIn profile. Simply click on the logo below.